Leading Manufacturing Company
Migration to AWS Increases Revenue, Speeds Up Go-to-Market
Migrating the site to AWS improved website performance, contributing to a 40% increase in sales during peak shopping days.
The AWS platform provides flexibility and elasticity to scale up or down, depending on demand.
The automated release ecosystem replaced the manual deployment process, enabling the Marketing team to get new features out quickly.
A global manufacturing company needed to migrate its eCommerce site to an advanced headless platform with high availability, scalability, and security. Areas of concern included:
- Slow page loads
- Complex multisystem integration
- Inability for customers to transact via multiple devices and browsers
- Lack of performance monitoring
Leveraging our proprietary Commerce Factory solution, we deployed a complete eCommerce solution within 3 months. The new website featured:
- Optimized page-load performance
- Seamless integration with other systems
- A reliable and scalable cloud-hosting environment
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Increased insights on site performance and security
- Lowered resource costs by enabling the autoscaling feature (to keep pace with traffic demand) and the caching service (to reduce the number of requests to the server)
- Onboarded a virtual private network (VPN) to segregate public and private services — the company uses Amazon ECS to host the back-end APIs, integrated with back-end AWS RDS (MySQL)
- Leveraged AWS S3 bucket for quicker access to digital assets and AWS certificate manager for automatically renewing SSL certificates in a secure platform
- Implemented the API calling to back-end services, like Order Management and Payment Gateway, in the serverless architecture (AWS Lambda function) with minimal back-end changes
- Bolstered security against vulnerable attacks — the application was exposed on AWS API gateway and the mapping happened with AWS Route 53
- Set up AWS CloudWatch to monitor performance