Additional privacy-related information for certain TA Digital apps and websites is provided separately.
What information TA Digital collects about you?
TA Digital apps and websites
TA Digital collects information about how you use our apps and websites. This information may be anonymous or it may be associated with you, depending on the app or website. This includes information such as:
- Browser and device type
- IP address
- Source webpage that led you to the TA Digital website
- Search terms entered into a search engine which lead you to an TA Digital website
- Analysis of your content that is sent or received using an online feature of a TA Digital app or website, or which is stored on TA Digital servers
- Use and navigation of websites and apps (collected through cookies and similar technologies, or by TA Digital servers when you are logged in to the app or website)
TA Digital ID, registration, and customer support
TA Digital collects basic information to identify you when you register to use our website or engage with our team. This includes information that is typically shared when creating a TA Digital ID, or when contacting us for support or other offerings. This includes information such as:
- Company name
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- IP address
- Types of apps and websites of interest
- Content of customer support communications
TA Digital may combine information provided by you with information from third party sources to keep our databases up-to-date and to provide you the most relevant content and experiences. Wherever this is done, it will be done in accordance with the applicable laws. For example, industry and other information about the company you work for will be obtained from sources including information service providers as well as professional networking sites.
TA Digital online advertising
- Ads that are clicked on
- Ads that ads are displayed
- Location of the displayed ads
TA Digital emails
TA Digital sends you emails from time-to-time. Our emails may include a technology that tells us whether you have received or opened the email, or clicked a link in the email. You are free to opt out of receiving TA Digital marketing emails If you do not want us to collect this information.
Content from other companies
Social media engagement and social sign-on services
TA Digital has its own pages on many social networking sites. We collect information which you have made publicly available on your social networking account. This includes information such as name and interests in our products and service offerings.
When using our website or apps, you can sign in using your social networking account. Where you give appropriate permissions, we will receive information about you from your social networking account, such as name, location, basic demographic information.
How TA Digital uses the information it collects about you?
TA Digital uses your information for the following purposes:
- To conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, such as:
- Sending you information about our products and services, special offers and similar information
- Analyzing your use and measuring effectiveness of our websites and apps
- Granting you access to the TA Digital website and any other products and services you have requested
- Analyzing your use of our websites and apps, and interaction with our communications
- Employing machine learning and automated systems to analyze your content
- Diagnosing identifiable issues in our apps and website
- Conducting surveys and market research about our customers and their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- Investigating and responding to any comments or complaints that you may send us
- In connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of information in connection with legal process or litigation)
- To fulfill a contract: this is relevant where you register to use an TA Digital app or website. This may include any of the following reasons:
- Verifying your identity
- Providing you with the TA Digital websites and apps for which you have registered
- Any other services or products that you have requested
- Sending you necessary communications
- Providing customer service or support
- Where you give TA Digital your consent or otherwise consistent with your choices:
- Using cookies and similar technologies on our websites and in email communications, in accordance with our Cookies Policy
- Sending you promotional information about TA Digital products and services, and sharing your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes (where your consent is required)
- Using automated systems to analyze your content using techniques such as machine learning in order to improve our services and the user experience (where your consent is required)
- Accessing information stored on your device relating to your use of, and engagement with, websites and apps and crash reports
- For legal reasons:
- Responding to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues and software piracy, helping to protect you as well as TA Digital.
How TA Digital safeguards your personal information?
Sharing with Data Processors
TA Digital may share your personal information with companies that help us run our business by processing personal information on behalf of TA Digital for the purposes identified above. Such companies include providers of customer support services, payment processing services, email, social media, and other marketing platforms and service providers, and hosting services.
Sharing with other Data Controllers
TA Digital will only share your personal information within TA Digital’s private network. The third parties with whom your information may be shared include our sales and technology partners (with your consent, if required).
TA Digital may also share personal information with companies or individuals outside of TA Digital if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, as well as to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of TA Digital, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Does TA Digital transfer my personal information across national borders?
We may transfer your personal information across national borders to other countries in compliance with applicable laws.
If you reside outside of North America, your relationship is with TA Digital India Private Limited. TA Digital will transfer your personal information to some organizations which are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, namely the US and India and other locations where we TA Digital may have operations in the future.
The information above applies to TA Digital users who are consumers. More information is available for our business customers that want to learn more about European data transfers.
Other Information Sharing
TA Digital may also share your personal information:
- When you agree to the sharing
- When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our apps or websites against attacks, or protect the property and safety of TA Digital, our customers and users, or the public
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, sell an TA Digital website, app, or business unit, or if all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company, your information will likely be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s advisers and will be one of the assets that is transferred to the new owner
Keeping your personal information 100% secure
Your personal information is sacrosanct. We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and TA Digital cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Your personal information on TA Digital’s websites
Within TA Digital’s website, there are several places that allow you to post comments, upload pictures, or submit content for others to see. Please note that your information in certain places on our website may be visible to the general public or other users of the website. TA Digital requests you to be careful when you share your personal information. Do not share anything you wouldn’t want publicly known unless you are sure you are posting it within an app or website that allows you to control who sees what you post. Please note that when you post messages on certain user forums on our websites and app, your email address or name and/or profile photo may be included and displayed with your message.
To remove the content you have shared on our websites and apps, please use the same app or website feature you used to share the content. If another user invites you to participate in shared viewing, editing, or commenting of content, you may be able to delete your contributions, but usually the user who invited you has full control. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact us.
Where TA Digital stores your personal information?
Your personal information and files are stored on TA Digital’s servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us.
How long TA Digital retains your information?
TA Digital processes and keeps your personal information for as long as you are an active user of our products, services or apps. Please note that we begin deleting part of your personal information 60 days after you close your account. The information we delete is the one that no longer holds any business relevance for us. This includes data such as your hashed password and your payment account credentials. However, we retain business-related personal information for seven years after your last interaction with us.
Where we process personal information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the information until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a permanent record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your information so that we can respect your request in future.
Your rights in respect of your personal information
- You may have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information; and to obtain the personal information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this information to another controller.
- You can object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the information to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the information for direct marketing).
- These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping (such as fraud prevention purposes).
- To exercise any of these rights (including deactivating your TA Digital ID account), you can get in touch with us – or our data protection officer – using the details set out below. Additionally, our website allows you to edit your personal information by accessing the “my account,” “my profile,” or a similar feature. Likewise, you can delete files or photos you have stored in our websites and apps by logging in and using the deletion functions that are available.
- If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to report them to an EU or other data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a potential violation may have occurred.
- To register with TA Digital, to create an TA Digital ID, and to use some TA Digital websites, apps, products or services, the provision of some information is mandatory: if relevant information is not provided, then we will not be able to administer an TA Digital account to you, or provide you with the websites, apps, products or services requested. All other provision of your information is optional. Providing optional information will help us offer you a better experience, such as more personalized or tailored content or offerings.
Who can I contact with questions or concerns?
If you have a question, concern, or request on privacy, please fill out our privacy inquiry form.