With the increased adoption of Agile and DevOps, there is a relentless demand for repetitive testing to implement continuous delivery with more efficiency. While traditional test automation seems to be a good solution for continuous testing, the underlying technical complexity in test scripts design and maintenance is significantly high. Early feedback, which is essential for the reduction of cost of quality, is rarely available in traditional DevOps automation and a lot of time is spent in building the test automation suite. Moreover, testers with specialized skills are required to modify/update test scripts for any change in requirements.
All the above challenges can be addressed through scriptless automation, which offers a low complexity and a cost-effective solution to test automation. It provides a robust and seamless platform and helps testers and business users embrace automation without spending too much time and effort in scripting and time-consuming DevOps processes.
Scriptless advanced automation using AI/ML
Scriptless automation is a one-stop solution that provides a platform for test creation and execution with a core focus on business requirements validation. The human effort required to create a test is drastically simplified - instead of writing code, the user would simply import the acceptance criteria from JIRA. The scriptless solution then internally maps the acceptance criteria to executable actions with the help of our highly well-defined and efficient ML algorithm. The result: an ultra-accessible interface to create, maintain, and execute test cases without having to write any code. In a nutshell, anyone can automate the application with ZERO coding knowledge.
The UI snippet below shows a glimpse of a scriptless automating platform for the creation of test scripts:
Scriptless automation solution also serves as a test management platform that offers users the ability to create or modify different test cycles per sprint/release/feature. Users can select desired test scripts, build test automation suites, and trigger execution with minimal clicks. Tight integration with extent reports makes it even more powerful as the user can easily interpret the test execution summaries and understand the reasons for failure.
- Autogenerate test cases from the requirements acceptance criteria
- Auto mapping of action types to each test steps with over 98% accuracy
- Generate element locators for all objects on a page with ease
- Provision to auto-execute all or selected test cases based on the parameters
- Export auto-generated test steps into manual test case formats
- Integration with JIRA to import acceptance criteria and convert them to user acceptance test cases
- Summary and detailed report for every execution
Reports and metrics
- Unified dashboard with all key metrics for test execution
- Pie chart and bar graphs with test execution summary
- Flexibility to generate different reports “By Project” “By cycle” and “By Category”
- Annotated screenshots for Pass/Fail Test steps
- Iteration wise test results for comparison
Here are the 12 ways how AI and DevOps are interrelated. || Leverage our vast IT experience to establish a culture where building, testing, and releasing software happens rapidly, frequently, and reliably.
- 100% script-less test automation tool
- 50%-70% Effort Reduction for Regression Testing
- 25% Overall Test Effort reduction
- Early testing and maximum in-sprint automation
- Reliable and low maintenance automation test suites
- Enables manual testers and functional experts to do automation
- Early detection of defects and an increase in test coverage
Scriptless automation is an ideal solution to shift-left testing and is going to bring faster returns on investment in agile development. It also dispels the myths surrounding the complexity in automation and enables testers to shift their focus from “how to test” to “what to test”. The scriptless nature of the tests makes it easy for business and functional experts to review test cases and contribute to improvement in quality.
About TA Digital
TA Digital is the only global boutique agency that delivers the “best of both worlds” to clients seeking to achieve organizational success through digital transformation. Unlike smaller, regional agencies that lack the ability to scale or large organizations that succumb to a quantity-over-quality approach, we offer resource diversity while also providing meticulous attention to the details that enable strategic success.
Over the past 20 years, TA Digital has positioned clients to achieve digital maturity by focusing on data, customer-centricity, and exponential return on investment; by melding exceptional user experience and data-driven methodologies with artificial intelligence and machine learning, we enable digital transformations that intelligently build upon the strategies we set into motion. We are known as a global leader that assists marketing and technology executives in understanding the digital ecosystem while identifying cultural and operational gaps within their business – ultimately ushering organizations toward a more mature model and profitable digital landscape.
Recognized in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2019, and 2020 Inc. 5000 list as one of the most successful technology companies in the United States, TA Digital is pleased also to share high-level strategic partnerships with world class digital experience platform companies like Adobe, SAP, and Salesforce and possess global partnerships with industry leaders such as commercetools, Sitecore, Episerver, Elastic Path, BigCommerce, AWS, Azure and Coveo.