Traditional experiences no longer satisfy consumers. They expect the exceptional.
Customer experience, the perception consumers have of your brand, is based on their interactions across channels at different stages in their engagement journey. Customer perception is fragile, and it can make or break a brand.
It can have a significant impact on conversions and business revenue. For example, increasing customer retention rates by 5% can increase your profits by as much as 95% (Bain & Company).
A good customer experience can also improve customer satisfaction, build trust, increase customer advocacy, create personal relationships and help your business stand out. It requires:
- Customers to be prioritized and appreciated
- Personalized experiences
- Friendly, empathetic customer service
- Feedback to be addressed and improvements made
- Value adds, such as offers or discounts
- Data security
On the other hand, a bad customer experience can wreak havoc on your bottom line.
Factors that can lead to a bad customer experience include: poor tech support, subpar customer service, unclear website navigation or inaccurate pricing. All of these irk the customer and lead to a bad experience. Other key reasons that lead to a bad customer experience are:
- Poor tech support
- Subpar customer service
- Unclear website navigation
- Inaccurate pricing
- Poor social media management
- Ignoring customer feedback
- Compromising customers’ privacy
Customers expect to be heard. A bad customer experience can be addressed by listening to the customers’ needs, resolving their queries and providing them with any necessary assistance. Being empathetic and courteous goes a long way.
How to Deliver a Wonderful Customer Experience
Great customer service, an easily accessible website and intuitive processes make customers happy. You also need to give your workforce the right resources and empower them to do what is best for the customer.
The most effective way to improve your customer experience is to be proactive and architect a holistic customer experience strategy:
- Create a customer journey map that encompasses every customer touchpoint
- Analyze and address the breaking points in customer engagement
- Streamline communication and keep customers informed
- Use customer information to provide personalized experiences
- Share customer experience data with your entire team
- Drive retention-focused customer interactions
- Provide multiple feedback channels
One way to address many of these is with the Adobe Experience Cloud, which is a combination of the following within a single easily accessible platform:
- Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Adobe Analytics
- Adobe Advertising Cloud
- Adobe Commerce Cloud
Adobe Experience Cloud enables amazing customer experiences by integrating the best solutions for personalization, marketing, commerce, advertising and analytics on a cloud platform. It also brings together service and support, and an open network that can help you deliver a wonderful customer experience.
Top 10 Customer Experience Books
- Winning on Purpose: The Unbeatable Strategy of Loving Customers- Fred Reichheld
- Leading the Customer Experience: How to Chart a Course and Deliver Outstanding Results- Brad Cleveland
- The Cult of the Customer: Create an Amazing Customer Experience that Turns Satisfied Customers into Customer Evangelists- Shep Hyken
- What Customers Crave: How to Create Relevant and Memorable Experiences at Every Touchpoint- Nicholas J. Webb
- Winning Her Business: How to Transform the Customer Experience for the World’s Most Powerful Consumers – Bridget Brennan
- Experience Design for Customer Service: How To Go From Mediocre To Great! – Mark Stanley PMP
- Customer and User Experience Maps: Step-By-Step Guide 2nd Edition – Robert Curedale
- Influencer Marketing Center of Excellence: Expanding the Purpose of Influencer Marketing in Customer Experience Strategy – Liz Gottbrecht
- The Experience Maker: How to Create Remarkable Experiences That Your Customers Can’t Wait to Share- Dan Gingiss
- Strategic Customer Service: Managing the Customer Experience to Increase Positive Word of Mouth, Build Loyalty, and Maximize Profits – John Goodman
About TA Digital
TA Digital is the only global boutique agency that delivers the “best of both worlds” to clients seeking to achieve organizational success through digital transformation. Unlike smaller, regional agencies that lack the ability to scale or large organizations that succumb to a quantity-over-quality approach, we offer resource diversity while also providing meticulous attention to the details that enable strategic success.
Over the past 20 years, TA Digital has positioned clients to achieve digital maturity by focusing on data, customer-centricity, and exponential return on investment; by melding exceptional user experience and data-driven methodologies with artificial intelligence and machine learning, we enable digital transformations that intelligently build upon the strategies we set into motion. We are known as a global leader that assists marketing and technology executives in understanding the digital ecosystem while identifying cultural and operational gaps within their business – ultimately ushering organizations toward a more mature model and profitable digital landscape.
Recognized in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States, TA Digital is pleased also to share high-level strategic partnerships with world class digital experience platform companies like Adobe, SAP, Acquia, commercetools, Sitecore, and Elastic Path.