Planning an AEM Migration? Here’s a Roadmap for Your Success (Part 1)
Although enterprises have been migrating to AEM for several years now, few have completed the process with optimal efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Even fewer have tapped into AEM’s full potential from the start. Why?
I am sure every AEM customer would acknowledge that an AEM implementation can easily overshoot on budget and delivery timelines if not done correctly. A little bit of expert help can save customers a significant amount of time and money.
In most cases, migration attempts have also suffered from one or more of the following challenges:
- AEM product and implementation expertise are hard to find. (The reality: Most have learned by trial and error.)
- Migration steps aren’t completed in the proper order. (The reality: The timing of tasks is often as important as the tasks themselves.)
- Teams try to use inherent knowledge from their existing non-AEM system. (The reality: It’s like speaking a different language.)
Fortunately, TA Digital’s success with AEM migrations gives us a unique advantage. Our product-level expertise and real-world experience have given us a wealth of knowledge that few can match.
As you prepare for migration to AEM, we’ve outlined the primary process steps, including details that need to be defined in each stage along the way. Using these steps as a guide, your migration will likely make faster, more efficient progress—with fewer risks of rework.
AEM Migration At-A-Glance
Here are the six high-level steps that are part of the AEM migration process. Watch for our next two blog posts, which will go into more detail on each individual step and provide questions you should consider along the way.
- Identify the minimum viable product
- Absolute must-haves include the first set of pages that you go live with.
- Developing in the right order
- Design guidelines and pattern library
- Static markup
- Site/content structure
- Simple content components
- Complex components that need backend functionality
- Define your QA/deployment strategy
- Includes test automation, device support, continuous deployment/Integration, etc.
- Map out your integrations
- Different third-party systems necessary for a fully functional web page. For example, analytics, survey tools, etc.
- Define your administration process and hosting mechanisms
- Identifying the right hosting mechanism based on historical data and projected traffic and functionality of the website
- Complete content strategy and go live
- Define a content migration strategy based on how structured the existing and future state of the content is
TA Digital: Your AEM Migration Partner
Wherever you are in the AEM migration process, TA Digital can relate. Our teams have completed AEM migration projects for many organizations of different sizes, and are intimately familiar with each stage in the process. If you need a partner with broad experience in AEM, look no further than TA Digital.
Coming Soon: Read our second and third blog posts in this series, which will provide more detail on what’s required in each step of the process. Together, these broad categories provide a helpful roadmap for a successful AEM migration.
Explore Additional Resources
Learn more on how to select the right CMS for your business and improve your customer’s Digital Experience.
Our Adobe Experience Cloud Consulting team specializes in helping you deliver a seamless, intelligent, and personalized customer experience.
GET HELP FROM OUR EXPERTS
We have one of the largest and deepest multi-solutions digital consulting teams in the world. Our proprietary processes and years of Digital Experience expertise have earned us a 97% customer satisfaction rating with our clients ranging from Global Fortune 1000 to Mid-Market Enterprises, leading educational institutions, and Non-Profits.
Contact us today if you would like to migrate / Implement the latest AEM version.
About TA Digital
TA Digital is an innovative digital transformation agency, specializing in delivering the digital experience, commerce, and marketing solutions. For nearly two decades, we have been helping traditional businesses transform and create dynamic digital cultures through disruptive strategies and agile deployment of innovative solutions.