Microsoft Dynamics CRM for the Manufacturing Industry
Aug 22, 2017
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) describes the strategies, tools and technologies that a company uses to track and manage its relationships with customers. A CRM solution typically takes the form of a software-based database that stores all of the data accumulated throughout the customer lifecycle, including:
- Website interactions
- Marketing interactions
- Social media interactions
- Mobile app interactions
- Telephone calls
- Chat sessions
If your company doesn’t have a CRM solution in place, it’s likely that you’re relying on a variety of disconnected tools — or even the memories of your sales and support personnel — to manage customer relationships. Your company can do more. With the right CRM solution, you can unify processes, technologies and people to deepen customer relationships, build tremendous loyalty and stimulate business growth.
A CRM solution for the manufacturing industry takes your business’s specific needs into account. It improves customer service and enhances the results of your sales and marketing campaigns. With TA Digital’s manufacturing CRM, you’ll gain access to more accurate sales forecasts. You’ll improve the productivity of your workers and help your sales staff close more deals. You’ll also improve the efficiency of your business by streamlining your workflows and processes.
TA Digital’s Expertise in CRM for the Manufacturing Industry
Our expertise in business analytics, cloud computing and enterprise mobility gives us the ability to build cutting-edge manufacturing CRM solutions that can unify all of the people in your organization toward the common goal of building deeper customer relationships. Since our experience spans the breadth of the CRM landscape — including Salesforce.com and Microsoft CRM — we can identify and customize the perfect CRM platform for any manufacturing company. We are a full-service CRM provider with the ability to deliver an end-to-end CRM solution that’s built, tested, deployed and maintained by us.
These are just a few of the features that our CRM solutions for the manufacturing industry include:
- Comprehensive customer profiles that track interactions through all channels
- Enhanced customer service that leads to greater customer retention and satisfaction
- Resource and material tracking
- Product inventory tracking
- Sales forecasts
- Quote management
- Management of accounts, contacts and vendors
- Streamlined real-time order and purchase management
- Improved productivity of sales and marketing departments
- Efficient territory and relationship management
- Full transparency for your sales pipeline
- Reduced operational costs and onboarding time
- Ability to generate targeted offers for individual customers
- Seamless integration with existing digital solutions
Why Is a Manufacturing CRM Important?
The traditional business model for the manufacturing industry robs your company of its efficiency and stifles your ability to grow.
These are some of the problems a CRM solution can solve:
- Difficulty in communicating price changes. The prices of your raw materials change constantly, and you have to change the prices of your finished goods as a result. In the traditional manufacturing industry model, the head office revises the price list and sends it to the sales staff. The sales managers must then ensure that all field personnel receive the new prices. A CRM solution makes it easy to make global price adjustments instantly.
- Poor synergy between sales staff and management. In the traditional manufacturing industry business model, sales staff may sometimes neglect to keep management in the loop when quoting special prices to prospects that they are sure to win. A CRM ensures that sales and management have access to the same information simultaneously.
- Poor proliferation of sales reports. A CRM eliminates the need to distribute daily and weekly sales reports manually. Since the CRM stores all historical sales data and updates in real time, any person with access can pull reports for any time range as needed.
- Poor knowledge transfer during personnel transitions. When different departments store information in separate silos, knowledge transfer can be difficult when a person leaves the company. A CRM serves as a central data repository for all of your company’s departments.
- Inaccurate forecasting. Sales personnel can use their intuition to predict the long-term value of prospects. Those predictions could never be as accurate, though, as the AI-powered forecasts that a CRM can generate.
- Poor ability to nurture lost orders. Since a CRM tracks all customer activity, it can detect failed sales and automatically nurture them with automated marketing campaigns.
Although the above issues may seem relatively unimportant when sales numbers are strong, they can become bottlenecks when sales are poor. If your company needs to increase sales numbers quickly, it’s better to have a CRM that inherently resolves bottlenecks than to struggle for a solution when revenue totals are poor. A CRM also reduces the need for manual effort by automating many sales, customer support and marketing tasks.
How a Manufacturing CRM Enhances Marketing
Our CRM solution for the manufacturing industry includes a module that allows your company to communicate with customers directly from the customer database. Through the CRM, you can instantly launch campaigns via telephone, chat, email, social media and direct mail. The CRM can enhance your future marketing efforts by providing detailed statistics on customers’ responses.
How a Manufacturing CRM Enhances Sales
Our CRM solution provides end-to-end sales support from the acquisition of a new prospect to the completion of the first sale. The CRM automatically tags leads to keep them separate from primary accounts and contacts.
Your salespeople can generate quotes and invoices directly from the CRM interface. By integrating the CRM Product Catalog with your organization’s financial or Enterprise Resource Planning software, you can draw all pricing and inventory information from a single data source to ensure complete accuracy. Product Catalog displays real-time information about products, costs, discounts and inventory.
How a Manufacturing CRM Enhances Customer Service
The Service module of our manufacturing industry CRM gives your company a single location from which to track all customer service activity. The CRM tracks each customer service request as a separate case, making it easy to document events, escalate tickets to higher support tiers and close resolved cases. Your company can also add a knowledge base to the Service module to give customer service agents the ability to look up troubleshooting information while documenting service calls.
Does your company determine support eligibility based on time or the number of support incidents that a customer initiates? Our CRM can automatically track support eligibility. It also tracks your company’s internal support metrics to ensure that you’re meeting your service level agreements.
Explore Additional Resources
Learn how you can select the best Digital Experience platform for your business.
Our Enterprise Solutions Practice works with our clients to recommend the optimum ERP/CRM Application along with the appropriate implementation and configuration.
Get Help From Our Experts
Over the past 19 years, we have completed thousands of digital projects globally. We have one of the largest and deepest multi-solutions digital consulting teams in the world. Our proprietary processes and years of Digital Experience expertise have earned us a 97% customer satisfaction rating with our clients ranging from Global Fortune 1000 to Mid-Market Enterprises, leading educational institutions, and Non-Profits.
Contact us today if your organization needs assistance with your Microsoft Dynamics CRM project.
Why TA Digital?
TA Digital is one of the leading partners for Microsoft Dynamics in Digital Solution Strategists, which recognizes the top one percent of partners globally. Also, we have discovered the best practice approach to implementation in each area to help ensure the successful deployment of a solution, delivering a positive impact on bottom-line revenue generation. We have the ability to provide an end-to-end solution, from the infrastructure needed to initiate the project through the development required to build on the already copious, out-of-the-box functionality.