Making Your CRM and ERP Systems Work for You
Making Your CRM and ERP Systems Work for You
An Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform is a software package with features that help your business’s internal processes run more smoothly. An ERP package includes applications that assist with functions such as technology management, human resources and services. Depending on the size and scope of an ERP package, it may also include applications that assist with aspects of the supply and sales chain such as product development, factory management, sales and marketing. An ERP package may even include an application for Customer Relationship Management, allowing you to manage all of your customer communication, sales, support and returns with one interface. Since the modules in an ERP package communicate with one another, there’s no duplicated effort involved when switching between modules. Every module has access to all of the relevant databases.
What Are ERP Software Modules?
A typical ERP platform has several software modules available for performing different functions. Since many users may not require certain modules, the ERP provider sells software modules separately. That way, every business can customize its own package and avoid spending money on unwanted features. More importantly, purchasing ERP modules separately ensures that you don’t end up with a module that’s outside your organization’s technical capabilities. Every ERP module assists with the management of one business process. You’ll find modules for supply chain management, human resources, marketing and more. By choosing the appropriate modules and combining them correctly, your organization will enjoy:
- More comprehensive and accurate financial reports and projections
- Improved ability to manage projects, negotiate for lower purchase prices
- Improved management of accounts receivable and payable
- Smoother management of human resources and payroll
What Is the Bottom-Line Business Value of ERP Software?
The greatest benefit of ERP software is that it breaks down the silos that have traditionally kept business departments apart and limited the exchange of data. ERP software makes your business more efficient by facilitating data exchange and automating repetitive tasks.
- Gives your organization a high-level operational view that allows you to see data generated from multiple sources, detect potential concerns and address those concerns before they become more serious
- Helps your company comply with regulations regarding finances and the safekeeping of private customer data
- Reduces the manual effort involved in lead conversion, order fulfillment and payment collection by automating those processes
- Improves your customer relationships by allowing you to track billing and support from one place
Is Your Company Ready for an ERP Solution?
Is ERP software right for your organization? These are the five telltale signs.
- Usage of Multiple software without proper integration.
- Existence of data in a scattered manner.
- Huge workload in financial reconciliation & Consolidation.
- Lack of Customer Experience & interactions.
- In-house infrastructure management.
What Is CRM?
Customer Relationship Management is a software package consisting of a database and front-end interface that your company can use to manage interactions with current and potential customers. A CRM database contains records for the prospects who have entered your sales funnel and gives you a way to manage the lead nurturing process and convert more prospects. A CRM database also contains records for customers. When your customers purchase products or call your company for support, the CRM database will record those interactions. Because a CRM solution tracks sales data, it provides an overview of what your customers want and helps you market your products more effectively. Since a CRM solution also tracks all customer service issues, it enhances your ability to resolve those issues.
Used effectively, a CRM platform can help your company retain more of its customers. It can also enhance your marketing efforts; implementing a CRM platform can reduce your company’s marketing expenses by as much as 23 percent. Some of the other common CRM features include:
- Features to improve your marketing results
- Connecting customers to local resources automatically
- Assistance for customers
Why Does Your Business Need a CRM?
A CRM increases the efficiency with which your company manages customer relationships. By eliminating much of the manual effort associated with nurturing leads, tracking purchasing patterns and providing post-sale support, a CRM helps your organization serve more customers while spending less money to do so.
A CRM also increases the profitability of your sales, marketing and support business units by making those units more efficient. Since a CRM can automate many of your company’s processes for marketing and support, it helps you repeat the processes that work.
Modern consumers are more sophisticated than ever. Traditional marketing methods aren’t as effective as they once were because many consumers simply ignore them. You’re looking for any possible way to increase your company’s competitive edge, and expanding your marketing efforts to encompass multiple channels is one of the best ways to do that. The problem, though, is that launching a multi-channel marketing campaign without automation requires so much effort and time that the campaign may not actually be profitable.
How Can a CRM Help Your Company?
A CRM helps your company:
- Reach customers on the right channels with the most effective messages at the best possible times
- Give your customers a great experience and retain their business
- Analyze your data more effectively for better decision making and goal setting
Since a CRM tracks customer behavior, it can identify your most engaged prospects. By focusing your marketing efforts on those prospects, you’ll enjoy increased profitability and stronger sales numbers. Simply implementing a CRM solution can increase your company’s sales by up to 29 percent. A CRM can also increase your sales productivity and sales forecast accuracy by 34 percent and 42 percent respectively. When your CRM platform gives you marketing recommendations, you can trust those recommendations because a CRM draws data from so many sources. A CRM can track customer interactions that occur over the web, phone, chat, email and social media. A CRM can also track prospects’ and customers’ interactions with your marketing materials.
Is Your Company Ready for a CRM Platform?
Is now the right time for your company to implement a CRM solution? These are some of the signs.
- Transition of Sales and Marketing data.
- Your website has a contact form, but no one in your organization can name the person or people responsible for handling those contacts.
- The members of your sales staff record their leads on sticky notes.
- The members of your sales staff argue over prospects because there aren’t enough leads to go around.
- You aren’t sure who has a master list of your prospects.
- Your best customers have begun to purchase from other vendors.
- Your company isn’t meeting its sales goals.
- You know that your company fails to close some leads, but you don’t know why.
- Scheduling a team meeting requires you to make multiple phone calls.
- Occurrence of Sales.
Accomplishments through Integrations of ERP and CRM
- Creates a 360-Degree Customer View
- Gives You Better Access to Data
- Streamlines Your Business Processes
- Consolidates Your Sales Process
- Improves Your Forecasting Ability
- Improves Your Ability to Manage Tasks
- Eliminates Duplicate Data
- Improves Your Ability to Manage Orders
- Reduces Your IT Support and Training Costs
- Gives You Instant Access to Information Anywhere
- Increases Your Profit Margins
Explore Additional Resources
Learn how you can select the best Digital Experience platform for your business.
Our Enterprise Solutions Practice works with our clients to recommend the optimum ERP/CRM Application along with the appropriate implementation and configuration.
GET HELP FROM OUR EXPERTS
Over the past 19 years, we have completed thousands of digital projects globally. We have one of the largest and deepest multi-solutions digital consulting teams in the world. Our proprietary processes and years of Digital Experience expertise have earned us a 97% customer satisfaction rating with our clients ranging from Global Fortune 1000 to Mid-Market Enterprises, leading educational institutions, and Non-Profits.
DesignRush has recognized TA Digital as a top Marketing Analytics Agency.
About TA Digital
TA Digital is the only global boutique agency that delivers the “best of both worlds” to clients seeking to achieve organizational success through digital transformation. Unlike smaller, regional agencies that lack the ability to scale or large organizations that succumb to a quantity-over-quality approach, we offer resource diversity while also providing meticulous attention to the details that enable strategic success.
Over the past 20 years, TA Digital has positioned clients to achieve digital maturity by focusing on data, customer-centricity and exponential return on investment; by melding exceptional user experience and data-driven methodologies with artificial intelligence and machine learning, we enable digital transformations that intelligently build upon the strategies we set into motion. We are known as a global leader that assists marketing and technology executives in understanding the digital ecosystem while identifying cultural and operational gaps within their business – ultimately ushering organizations toward a more mature model and profitable digital landscape.
Recognized in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2019 Inc. 5000 list as one of the most successful technology companies in the United States, TA Digital is pleased also to share high-level strategic partnerships with world class digital experience platform companies like Adobe, SAP and Salesforce and possess global partnerships with industry leaders such as Sitecore, Episerver, Elastic Path, BigCommerce, AWS, Azure and Coveo.